As I’ve mentioned previously in my Gazelle Tent Review, you don’t need a rooftop tent to go overlanding. A ground tent that is super easy to setup is often a better solution. Gazelle Tents has released an Overland Edition, which is essentially the same as their standard T4 Hub Tent except it has a more rugged floor, waterproof bag, and beefier stakes. Priced under $500, you can’t beat the value of this 4-person ground tent vs. a rooftop tent. It actually sets up faster than most rooftop tents!
*This post contains affiliate links to help keep this site running, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you. Thanks!
- Gazelle T4 Overland Edition In Green (Looks Amazing)
- Gazelle T4 Standard Edition (Best Price)
- Gazelle T3X Overland Edition (Great for 2 people)
Best overland tent?
If you’re looking for the best ground tent for overlanding & camping this is a great option. As it turns out, I’ve been on a few one-night trips since I got this tent and it’s only doable because the setup is less than two minutes and there’s no hassle with tent poles. Once you get the tent up you’re free to leave base camp and hit the trails.
Gazelle Overland Edition features:
- Fits 4 people with plenty of room for additional gear
- 78” tall allowing you to move around freely
- Hub design makes assembly fast and easy
- Six, tight-weave mesh windows
- Two D-shaped doors with tight-weave mesh screens
- Beefy YKK® zippers for durability
- Removable floor for easy clean up
- Removable gear loft, two side storage pockets, and four wall mounted pouch pockets
- Removable rain fly to protect you from the elements
- 210D Oxford Weave shell material is waterproof up to a 2000MM HH Rating
- 300D Oxford Weave floor material is waterproof up to 5000MM HH Rating
- All Materials feature a UV50+ Rating
- 300D Oxford Weave Footprint with separate storage bag
- 12 Upgraded all-terrain stakes and orange guy-lines
- Oversize water resistant bag with covered zipper and taped seams.
- Sunset and Sedona Orange
Best price on Gazelle Tent
You can pick this tent up from Amazon.com for the fastest shipping. It seems they are having a hard time keeping it in stock so if you see it available I wouldn’t hesitate.
What do you think? Can ground tents be used for overlanding? Check out our camping vs. overlanding article to read more about the two topics.
Enjoy this article? Get email updates
Amazon Associates Disclosure
Dirt N’ Smores is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.